Monday, November 24, 2008

Blessed

Yesterday as I was entering the church my pastor addressed me and asked how things were going (this rarely happens) and when I told him about my week he looked at me like I was crazy.  He said something to the effect of "you're still incredibly blessed".  And he is right.  I'm a weenie.  I needed to process through some things and re-set my expectations and realize that life is still pretty good.

Then tonight as I was cleaning up one of my closets (I was trying to re-distribute my junk so it looked like there was less) something kind of sharp fell into my face and before I had a chance to react it hit me square in the eye ball.  Instead of cursing the fact that my nose hurt and my eye was on fire, I was relieved that I was wearing my contacts and it protected my cornea from an abrasion.  I did lose the contact, but the eye looks pretty good and I don't think anyone will be able to tell what I did.

I saw Twilight last night - yippee!  Kate, have you seen it yet?  I loved it, but I figured I probably would.  I wasn't the biggest fan of Edward from the previews I saw, but they do have some obvious chemistry so it works.  I even dragged Michael to it and he didn't complain heavily.  He later admitted that it was entertaining and that he liked it.  Of course, that was before I told him that there would be three more movies that he would have to sit through with me.  Hey, it's pay back for dragging me to watch Rocky 8 or whatever the last one was called. 

And tonight as I was getting ready for bed my Windows Media Player was choosing random songs and this is the one that came up:

  

It pretty much sums up how I am feeling despite my frustrations over other things in my life.  I am incredibly and wonderfully blessed. 

1 comments:

Kate November 25, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Keep your chin up!

NO!!! I haven't seen Twilight yet! Going on my birthday (29th). Glad you liked it. Heard mixed reviews, but I think that if you are a fan of the books, you'll love it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP