Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all who are traveling far (some very far) and near to visit family this year.  Enjoy your travels and visits with family:)

I woke up yesterday feeling quite chipper about the upcoming holiday and today I woke up feeling like a 10 year-old on Christmas day!  Last year I hosted my very first Thanksgiving at my house and I loved it.  Loved. It.  I have no idea why I get so perversely happy about making TONS of food for my family and friends to consume.  It's not like I enjoy cooking dinner every night because I've had at least Lean Cuisine dinners so far this week.  And I get stressed out in crowds, especially when a bunch of people are packed into a small space (my house). Somehow I just have an intense feeling of happiness when I cook a big, over-the-top meal for people.  I'm even making cranberry sauce!  Never have I sat through a Thanksgiving with cranberry sauce before! 

I also need to clean because I have some special guests this time.  I have invited a couple of international residents to enjoy the feast with me--a couple from India and a couple from Malaysia and Japan.  I'm hoping every thing turns out well--of course, I'd be happy if the turkey was secured in my fridge right now instead of 40 miles away. 

You know what is after tomorrow?  Christmas!  I love this time of year--the smells, the sounds of Christmas, the food, the friends and family, all the traditions that families stick to. 

What kind of traditions do you have?  Are any of them a little bizarre?

2 comments:

Kelli November 26, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Shea November 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

I love Christmas too. We had our Thanksgiving over a month ago, so we're in full Christmas prep mode.

What would the Christmas season be without listening to the Chipmunks?? Especially with a 2-year-old in the house. Although listening to the entire album might have me adding a little something to my eggnog. :)

One tradition I've started is buying a special ornament each year and adding the date to it. I started this before I received my referral, and a few years later it's a trip down memory lane everytime I take those ornaments out of the box. Each ornament reflects the stage my life was at.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP