Monday, November 3, 2008

Out damn spot!

It's been a really crazy week with a lot going on.  I have two big things I'm working on and the excitement/stress of it all has been a bit overwhelming.  At times like these you really find out who your friends are.  I was quite surprised to learn who is really there for me.   

So, anyway, it's been a big week which is why I kind of blew off the some morning queasiness and strange stomach pain.  My co-workers were trying to convince me I was pregnant (immaculate conception?  Try a devilish GI bug).  I won't go into the details, even though as a nurse I wanna (hence the title of this post...hehe).  Nurses LOVE to brag about their grossest patient stories, and well, I'm pretty sure I am the grossest story right now.  Which is why I am at home today instead of work.  Evidently my sister and I shared more than popcorn when we had our "Fright Night" sleep-over last weekend.  She was the first to come down with it and I was the second and I am really, really, really hoping I didn't give it to Kristen (who was visiting this weekend) because she leaves in 9 days to get her daughter!  

My sister missed several days of work due to this virus and I am hoping that this is the only day I miss.  I do have plenty of water, a little bit of jello and Michael was nice enough to make a TP run for me last night.   I guess I am all set for a "who my baby daddy" marathon this afternoon on TV!

5 comments:

Laura November 3, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

Okay, you're way too funny and chipper to have a nasty stomach virus. I hope you start to feel better soon. I'm painfully excited about the two big things you're currently working on. :)

Kelli November 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

I hope you feel better soon! And I'm so glad I was with you this weekend. No really, I am but I'm glad it was only for a few hours :)

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Hope you feel better soon sweetie! Get plenty of sleep and watch some crappy television.

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Thanks for the laugh! I hope you feel better SOON, and fingers are crossed for Kristen.

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

I'm still feeling fine - and I'm hoping and praying that I stay that way! If I get the but, it has nine days to get out of my system!

I had a great time this weekend! Hope you feel better soon!!

Kristen

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP