Saturday, November 22, 2008

Breathe

I like familiarity. I like knowing what is coming next and I don't like surprises. Don't ever tell me "I got you something" and then make me wait until some far (or not so far off) date and time. I don't like it.

I don't like what is going on right now. I am being forced to readjust my expectations. It's not a happy place to be. I'm working on it, I'm just not there yet.

I retreated for a little bit to re-evaluate my situation and work my way through my disappointment. I wrote a lot and then decided it was time to spend that time with family and friends. While I don't have pictures of my friends I do have some of my family. This video was taken today at my parent's new house. They are in the process of renovating the house and as such, have nothing more than a love seat, a few folding chairs, and lots and lots of boxes. Evidently 3 year-olds LOVE boxes.

Ok--after attempting to load this video several times blogger is still not cooperating. I'll try to load it again later.

2 comments:

Laura November 22, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

I hate surprises, too. Like the time you told me you had big news and then made me wait a whole 24 hours for it. :) Oh, wait, this isn't about me. I have an idea what you might be talking about, but I'm not sure. If you want to talk, email me. I'm here. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Disappointment is the worst and a hard pill to swallow. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with the people in your life who care about you. Take care of yourself and when all else fails, have a bottle, er, I mean glass, of wine. I'm here if you need an ear.

Kelli November 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

I am sorry this unexpected, not so happy (I assume) surprise was sprung on you. I am happy to hear you are spending time with family and friends. Let me know if you need anything...

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP