Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm so proud...

While I had settled in to watch a little Desperate Housewives I heard a commotion in the kitchen/utility room area and then I saw my cat streak trying to hide something from me. She had a mouse! I was so proud! She is a 12 or 13 year-old cat and in the 10 years we have been together she has NOT once caught a mouse. Two and a half years ago I moved into this house after it sat vacant for years and within a few days we found a mouse. Instead of going after it she walked away from it. She left me to kill it (I'm not proud, but I actually killed it with my bare hands. I felt horrible and have a real aversion to killing mice now). She even turned her nose up when someone left their pet rat with me for a couple of hours. She wouldn't even go near it. I have never been so proud of her in all my life so I videotaped her celebratory dance with the mouse. If I get this excited over my cat killing a mouse, can you imagine me with a child?

2 comments:

Laura November 30, 2008 at 11:44 PM  

OMG, you killed a mouse with your BARE HANDS?! Seriously? You're not making that up? I'm sitting here, trying to be all impressed with your cat, but I'm freaking out. How in the world did you do that? Okay, I guess I should be really happy your cat took charge this time... :)

Rachel December 1, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

I'm with Laura. How did you do that? Kill a mouse with no implements, I mean?

I am PSYCHED for you that your cat did that! TOTALLY psyched! My cat let our mice EAT OUT OF HER BOWL. I have the world's most useless cat. I love her, but man...but your cat has given mine hope. I thought she was too old at 12 to catch some rodents, but apparently, she isn't.

Congratulations!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP