Sunday, November 16, 2008

Improving the economy one purchase at a time...

I think I have been in a chronic state of saving.  As a kid I saved because I wanted a new Barbie and because I had hopes of leaving the dippy town I lived in and knew that a college education was the only way.  Throughout most of my 20s I saved for college (yes, the second degree) and while I was still in college I saved for a house.  Shortly after purchasing my house I began working towards my China adoption and began collecting every little penny I could find in the couch cushions or the backseat of my car.  Then I started a second adoption and somehow decided that I could live on next to nothing in order to try and get the money saved towards that.

No more.  I have depriving our desperate economy of the much needed stimulus (guess what I did with my stimulus check--bought a camera and saved the rest--hehe).  My cousin/contractor came out to measure the space in the living room that I am going to convert into a bookshelf/desk unit.  He's going to use cherry wood and I'm not ashamed to say that it is going to kick ass.  Today I bought a four tiered shelving unit for the kitchen.  Yep, time to organize and get stuff off the floor.  And if that wasn't enough I just blew $100 at the grocery store.  Yes, one hundred dollars for one person.  I guess this is what happens when I don't shop regularly.  That and I was really lusting over the fresh fruit.  I'd rather have fresh raspberries, melon, pineapple over chocolate any day.  I made some pork loin with a mushroom sauce and I am working on a poor man's healthy beef stroganoff because when in transition I cook and clean.  Too bad I'm not putting my energy into some gym time--that is really where I should be burning off my energy. 

Ahhh, life is good.  

coins

1 comments:

Kelli November 17, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Ah my friend, if you could see how much I spent this weekend you would know we are both doing the same thing!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP