Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Puny, but sassy

Thank you for all your well wishes.  I have finally stopped yelling "Fire in the Hole!" every time I flush so I am definitely on the mend.  The biggest problem right now is that I became so dehydrated so quickly.  I think I have been drinking nearly a gallon of water a day since Saturday and I'm still dried out.  Even my eye lids are peeling.  Also, for anyone reading that I may have infected, stomach pain, queasiness and an overwhelming thirst were early symptoms.  Start drinking fluids NOW.  Trust me, I've had food poisoning and never had anything like this.  Oh, and try not to sneeze.  It will only serve to embarrass you later.  Or cough.  Or break wind.  All are very bad ideas.  Believe me. 

I was worried that I would not be well enough to vote today, but I was!  Because we had early voting for so long, I didn't really have to wait in line.  I brought a magazine with me, but didn't get past the advertisements. 

Did it feel like Christmas to anyone else when they marked their ballot?  I couldn't get over the level of excitement that was felt by the others entering the polls, and I admit to having an extra thrill when I punched my candidates name.  Eight years ago I was working in home care and I had one elderly woman (I didn't dare call her that!) that followed politics more closely than anyone else I'd ever met.  When I stopped by her house on November 5th, her blood pressure was elevated and her blood sugar was wacky.  Evidently she had stayed up all night yelling at the TV.  She was quite upset over the outcome of that election and until she died she complained bitterly that the democrats had been robbed.  I wish she was alive for this one--I think she really would have enjoyed herself.  

I will admit that even as much as I support my candidate, I'm really glad the campaigning is over.  For at least the last six weeks I have had an average of three daily contacts from his campaign office.  Honestly, based on the number of crazy people that I do know, I'm a little nervous about the unknown ones having my phone number and address.  Just sayin'. 

2 comments:

Laura November 4, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

OMG, you have me laughing at the Fire in the Hole thing! And mourning, because my favorite gluten free pizza at my favorite restaurant is called Fire in the Hole. not sure if I'll be able to eat it anymore! :) he he he. Okay, let's be honest. I'll get over it. Glad you're feeling better.

I too am SO happy the recorded harassment will stop! It was making me homicidal.

Rachel November 5, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

I feel like your elderly patient - I was yelling at the returns while I was in class (barely silently) and when I realized my dude was going to make it, I crashed and fell asleep! It was all too much. But there were definitely physiological symptoms of stress going on there - I think I may have taken this election a LITTLE bit too personally!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP