Thursday, November 15, 2007

I don't understand this weather. Yesterday I walked around all day outside with a short sleeve shirt on. Today we had snow flurries.

I still haven't heard anything from the agency yet. I'm hoping tomorrow. I kept my cell phone in my pocket all day hoping they would call. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow they call and I know how to proceed.

After stewing on this for the last 24 hrs I have decided to call my doctor back and get my physical moved up. I understand she doesn't have any availability, but someone in her practice should. How is it I can work in a hospital, know these doctors as well as my co-workers and not be able to get a visit with any of them? Something is wrong with this picture. Hopefully I will hear from the agency and once I do it is going to be gang busters. I managed to crank out a dossier last year in only 6-7 weeks (with the exception of the 171H that the gov't lost---11 freakin' weeks) and since VN requires less paperwork and less visits from the SW, I plan on moving even faster. My goal is to have all my documents ready by Christmas to be sent off for authentication. I thought I was competitive last year when I was competing with Kris (love ya, girl!), I had no idea I'd be even worse with competing against myself.

I decided to tell a co-worker today about not only my first adoption, but also my attempt to complete one with VN. She was so excited and happy for me that she started crying. I can't help it, I love that reaction! I should mention that I have only been working in my current job for 7 weeks so I was really having to trust that she wouldn't blab. She's also a very private person so I don't think I'll have to worry about it. She also said our boss would be supportive and would keep it private until I am ready to share my news. I don't plan on telling anyone at work until I have a referral in hand! That's right, my bloggy buddies, the only ones that know are you, me, and the entire internet (although I am not sure they care).

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP