Thursday, November 29, 2007

One big happy family

Well, I finally had to share my news with the lady I share my office with.  It wasn't that I didn't trust her--I think she will be a great mentor for me and since she is married to the hospital's HIPPA privacy officer, I know she can keep a secret. I'm just private and I don't like being asked "how much longer?" by people I really don't know.  That is one thing I learned adopting my China baby.  Anyway, I shared the news with her on Tuesday and she was very happy for me.  The number of phone calls I was making to my doctor and whispering the word "adoption" I realized it was time to share the news or figure out new ways of tricking her so she would leave the office. 

Yesterday she asked what my plans were for maternity leave.  I told her I really didn't know.  I just hoped to have about 3-4 weeks saved up by the time I travel.  I pray that God keeps me healthy the next year so that I can start adding the hours up.  She mentioned that people can donate PTO to me.  Hmmm, that's good to know.  She also asked about fundraising and how I was going to raise the money.  Again, a big fat "I don't know."  I just assumed I was going to take out a loan.  I hate to do that because it leaves me really strapped once he and my China baby come home.  She told me to remind her once I got my referral and she would try to think of ways that I can fundraise.  She said, "don't look at it as asking for money.  Let people share your joy.  People here love to donate money for positive things."  I am not good at charity, but I realized when I started this a few weeks ago that I was really going to let God work any way that he can. 

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP