Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ok, I know I already posted once already today...

I can't help but feel so excited! I remember feeling the same way when I started the process for my China girl, but this time it is different. Before, I was anticipating a 12-14 month wait (I have now been waiting 10 months and expect to wait another 2+ years). This time, I'm only expecting a 4-5 month wait from DTC to referral. I can hardly imagine. For me, this whole thing...it won't feel really real until I have his photo in my hand. Truly. Even though I have been working towards an adoption for over a year now, having that photo will mean more than anything up to this point has. It's almost more than I can imagine. To think that I could hold Haven's little picture in my hand next spring, well, it blows my mind. To think that I might be holding my little Haven sometime next summer....I just can't put it into words. It's indescribable. To know that these children that I have carried so close to my heart, that felt real only to me, are going to be tangible, I can't express what my heart feels. Bear with me for a moment while I revel in this moment...I know there are plenty of other PAPs right now that aren't so optimistic. I won't be able to believe it until I see his photo. I just pray that the rest of the process flow smoothly.

Thanks for listening.

1 comments:

Kelli November 30, 2007 at 10:55 PM  

It's so important to remain excited and optimistic! Thank you for reminding me of that!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP