Saturday, November 24, 2007

So Excited!

It's so hard for me to keep my big news to myself!  I can't wait to be able to share it with the rest of my family.  My mom did admit that she has had a hard time picturing a little boy when she has thought of my little China girl for so long.  I have told her this feels right.  I wanted my daughter to have a brother close to her age and I wanted him to be a bit older than her.  I do recognize that they could potentially be the same age, but it will likely be a year in between the arrival of my children.  Somedays I think I'm crazy and I know that I will never have money again.  What's the point of having money if you have no one to share it with?  I will never have as much money in the bank as I want and my retirement investments will always look wimpy compared to what I want them to look like.  Knowing this has actually made the decision easier. 

I looked around yesterday and today and realized that at this time next year, my life is going to be very different.  I may be having Thanksgiving Dinner at my house, but my son will be here too.  The room I am currently sleeping in (since my g'ma has my bedroom until tomorrow) will be his room.  The computer that I am writing on will no longer be in this room.  It will be in the living room at a desk that I will have my handyman build.  All the plans that I envisioned for my house are happening, not because I want to move things around, but because I will have a family.  How incredible is that?  I can not wait to start the next phase of my life.  And I can't wait to share this with my children.  I can't wait to see what's around the next bend.  And I can't wait to see my son's referral photo.  And most of all, I can't wait to hold him in my arms.  I can't wait to cradle both my children in my arms. 

2 comments:

Kelli November 25, 2007 at 8:22 PM  

I'm glad you heard from the agency! Congratulations! Can't wait to follow your journey (and maybe meet sometime and share stories)!

Anonymous November 26, 2007 at 6:22 PM  

Hey! Thanks so much for the note on my blog. I definitely understand being led to adoption even when other people may think you're crazy!! :) Congratulations on joining the Vietnam process!! That's such fantastic news!!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP