Wednesday, February 27, 2008

171H update

No, it isn't here which is why I contacted the local CIS office.  Within two hours I had a reply (thank God!):

I have your file in my stack to work.  The usual officer went out on emergency medical leave a few weeks ago and I had to jump in so there is a longer delay than usual on the processing.  I will get to your application as soon as possible, I am working on them in the order that they were received and I have about 5 or 6 applications ahead of yours.  I hope to get to yours early next week so long as nothing pressing pops up in the meantime.

So there you have it...the reason for my delay.  It's helpful to at least know what is going on.  Best guess is I will be submitting my dossier somewhere around March 10th. 

I'm starting to feeling nervous/excited again.  I had emailed my agency to find out how they wanted things notarized and after not hearing anything for a couple of days, I finally decided to notarize the way my China agency required.  So, I spent this afternoon getting notarized only to find an email from the agency when I got home specifying another approach.  Oh brother.  So, it looks like I will have to re-do a couple of documents.  I hate to go back to my friend's mom for notarization because her hands are bad, but unless my other friend gets her notary in the meantime, I'm not sure what else to do.  I guess there is always the bank...

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP