Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Super Nanny

I just watched a few minutes of Super Nanny on ABC and I have to say, that mom really scared me! I have never seen any parent so emotionless or so relectant to touch her child. I didn't see it all so I don't know the woman's history, but from what I observed it wouldn't surprise me if she may have had some issues from her own childhood. How sad that a parent can't hug or kiss her child? How sad that she was afraid to tell her kids that they did a good job.

I've already researched ways that I can encourage attachment between my children and me and positive touch is one of the most important things mentioned. It is the simplest and very effective. It's close to bedtime or I would post some articles on how to do that. There are some really good books out there about attachment and as much as I try to avoid her website, the Rumor Queen (google it and you'll find her site) has a list of books that I think are necessary for any adoptive parent as they address attachment and attachment disorder, sensory issues and other concerns.

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP