Thursday, February 7, 2008

Vietnam...we have a problem

So I was feeling all fly today dressed in my best duds and feeling good about getting on track with this adoption....until my drive home from my big appointment when my mind suddenly caught and retrieved something the fingerprint tech said.

Let me set the stage...she was reviewing my information: ht/wt, eye/hair color, address, full name and SS3 and she says:

Her: You are having an I600 today.

Me: A.  I'm having an 1600A.

Yeah, that's what came back and smacked me in the back of the head as I was driving the 1+ hour back home.  I quickly pulled out my biometrics appointment letter and in the upper left hand corner in small print it says I600 Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative.  How the heck did they do that?!?  I haven't been matched, I haven't sent them any information on a child...how the HELL did they file an I600 on me? 

Just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind over nothing, I double checked my daughter's biometrics appointment letter from last year and it says I600A

Oh, crap.  So, I think I am back to square one.  I already emailed the lady that oversees the local USCIS field office, but I don't expect to hear anything until tomorrow at the earliest.  I called my agency and left a message, but haven't heard anything.  I think I am going to contact my state senators tomorrow if I don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon.  I'm out of town all next week so I won't be able to do anything on my end to fix it. 

I'm just so frustrated.  I'm not normally the kind of person that says "why me?", but I have only completed two dossiers and dealt with USCIS two times and they have majorly screwed up BOTH times.  Once is probably normal, but we are batting 100% right now and that seems rather unusual.  I'm not sure how much more time this is going to add to my wait before I can even submit my dossier. 

The only thing that is comforting me right now is the hope that maybe this is because there is one specific child God means for me.  Unlike my mother's suggestion, I do NOT take this as a sign to give up.  I don't give up...even though I know the chances of me now getting a referral before September 1st are nil.  When I started this process, I remember saying that this adoption would be an even bigger test of my faith.  I don't know how I knew that, but I did.  Last week my pastor was preaching from the book of Exodus (I'm horrible with names...I hope that's the right book) about Moses leading the people out of Egypt and out of slavery to the promised land.  They wandered in the desert for 40 years!  It was a trip that should have only taken 11 days, but it took 40 years.  Perhaps my journey is the same.  Yes, someday I will have my kids home, but it won't be at the time or the route I thought I was going to take. 

So, if you are the praying type and you have finished praying about orphans the world over, the children that are dying in China because of the blizzard, wars, famine, etc.--would you throw one in for me? 

3 comments:

Anonymous February 7, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Oh, Erica - are you kidding? I'm so sorry. But, I don't see why they can't just switch it (once you get someone on the horn which I know is not the easiest task) to an A without a big delay. Let's think positively! Shasta

Kelli February 7, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

You have every right to say "why me?" over, and over and over....

Kelli February 8, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

I have been thinking about this- are you sure she just didn't say something wrong and they are processing the correct form?

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP