Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Book Meme

Ok, I was just tagged by Jennifer.  Jennifer has an awesome blog that I love to read.  Please check it out.  Unlike my blithering blog full of whining, Jennifer actually focuses on real issues. 

The Book Meme.
The rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next 3 sentences.
5. Tag 5 more people.

Ok, so my desk is actually in my study and I'm in the process of sorting and getting rid of a lot of books (I know, it's painful to think about, isn't it?).  So you have a couple of options, I could read a page about Spanish verbs conjugations (why does that word sound so dirty?), a page from a text about Shamanism, or I can go with my long, since lost, love of suspenseful fiction.  I think fiction is the place to go:

She pulled a tissue from a pocket and dabbed her eyes.  "I found her one morning out in front.  This was right after Emily...I just assumed the poor thing died of a broken heart." 

That's from the Patricia Cornwell novel "The Body Farm".  On a personal note, I'd like to add that I have been there.  It's an incredible research area that studies decomp and as an anthropology major that is very important!  If I had continued on to an MS or PhD, I would have studied at the affiliated university.  But life took me on another journey...

And I want to nominate:

Kris

Shasta

Kelli

Lina

Heather

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP