Thursday, February 21, 2008

...well, if that isn't a kick in the pants

Gonna keep it short and simple--I'm supposed to be cleaning house beofre Kris arrives in a few hours.

  • No 171H in the mail today.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it will still arrive tomorrow afternoon. Tracey, have you gotten yours yet?
  • Second kick in the pants: I ordered my new camera on Monday, but it still hasn't shipped from the warehouse.  What the heck?  It was only supposed to take 3-5 days, but now they are telling me it is delayed indefinitely.  Here's the real kicker--as I was cleaning up my office (the spare room that Kris is staying in) I lovingly looked at my old camera one last night.  And just for kicks and giggles, I thought I would try to get it to work.  Well, folks, the darn thing not only turned on, but it retracted the zoom lens that has been sticking out for the last 3-4 weeks.  Go figure. I even test fired a couple of shots.

So there you have it, all my updated in a heart beat.

4 comments:

Unknown February 21, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

Now you have a backup camera.... see that... there is good news today. best of luck with the 171h.. this was a bad week... I have all confidence that next week will be better for all of us.

Tracy - www.myminivanrocks.com February 21, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

NO! I came home again at lunch to check the mail and I was very disappointed. I tried to call USCIS again and they still haven't returned my call. I decided to go ahead and get the other documents certified and send them without the I-171, and I got a parking ticket in front of the Secretary of State's office. I got to my while he was writing it. Today was not my day. Maybe tomorrow will be - and hopefully it will be yours too!

Anonymous February 22, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

Erica - crossing my fingers that it arrives in the mail today! I nearly forgot to send CIS a letter requesting new fingerprints. A general email from my agency triggered my memory. I was practically shaking when I realized I forgot to do it 3 weeks ago, like I was supposed to! We expire early April so hopefully we'll be alright - provided Indy CIS is on top of things! GO INDY CIS! Do you think if we sent them lots of positive vibes they'll do what we want? -Shasta

Kelli February 22, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

I am crossing my fingers you get is soon- I got mine on a Saturday...

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP