Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ahhhh

No, I didn't get the document I hoped for, but I have had a nice weekend. In fact, I will not be talking about the wait for that stupid paper until I actually have something positive to share. As Kristen reminded me recently about her I-600A/171-H process, she really enjoyed Sundays because the mail didn't come and she couldn't stress about it. Last year I would drive home on my lunch hour or whenever my mailbox came between work and my next destination (I worked in sales, basically). I have not done that this year, nor do I plan to start. Life is stressful enough.

I had the realization yesterday morning that really put things into perspective. Once I bought this house and began the adoption process for my daughter I systematically began eliminating things from my life. I don't go out very often--I used to go out several times with my friends throughout week AND the weekends. I used to be involved in Bible studies, various classes and volunteering my time where needed. As I began "nesting" I eliminated those things and I was happy to do so because I thought I would be a parent soon. Things have not worked out as I had planned. Instead of lamenting all this time, I've decided to start doing the things that I excite me or bring me joy. I don't want to become the mom that only talks about mom stuff. Especially as a single parent, I am going to want to have real adult conversations and I am going to need the support of my friends and community to help with that. I'm not exactly sure what I all am going to do, but I am going to join a Bible study at church (they provide food so I'm there!) I am thinking of taking a class at the gym--maybe yoga. I need something that will teach me how to breathe, especially when I am stressed. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Yesterday was my 11 month LID for my China girl. Instead of feeling sad, I really wanted to celebrate both her and Haven. I had mentioned to Michael a few days prior that I really wanted to try some Vietnamese restaurants, but that we would have to drive at least an hour. He was all for it since neither of us had tried VN food before. All I can say is "thank God, Dad bought me a GPS for Christmas!". I'm not sure I would have found it otherwise. The food was really good. I don't recall the name of the dish, but I had some sort of pancake with pork, shrimp and veggies. Yum. Followed by dessert. Yummier.

We spent the rest of the day shopping--he dragged me into every shoe store we came across and I dragged him into every tech store (the Apple store, Brookstone, Sony, Sharper Image). Who am I kidding...we hit nearly every store in there! We had fun, but now I have total Pod lust. Just about everyone I know has an iPod and I don't. I've wanted one for a quite a while, but there are a number of other things that I really need so it will have to wait.

So, that's my weekend. I hope yours went well also. Hopefully this week will run smoothly for all of us and some blogging peeps will finally get their I-600A!!!

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP