Sunday, January 20, 2008

Good weekends...thank God

In spite of having a crappy two weeks, I continue to have fabulous weekends.  Yesterday Michael and I went to a double feature which is actually double talk for paid for the first, snuck into the second.  Yeah, I figure I'm already doing hard time courtesy of our government so I might as well be a bit bad.  It's amazing how that little thrill actually brightened up my day.  It didn't hurt that the movies were also good.

Today continued to be equally awesome.  My dear friend Tony had called yesterday morning inquiring about how I was doing.  We haven't seen each other in over a month and haven't spoken for nearly as long.  It had gotten to the point that I was feeling too guilty to pick up the phone.  You know what I'm talking about?  Too much time passes and then you just feel embarrassed about the fact that neither person has stepped up.  I am so glad he called.  It has become so apparent to me that I really need to reconnect with my friends--even if they don't know what I'm going through, they give me balance.  Today, Tony and Fil had me over for dinner and I was able to exchange Christmas presents with them finally.  It was so nice.  Tony and Fil have been my extended family for a long time and I love that he includes me in family gatherings.  Today, his younger brother was visiting with his wife and daughter for a belated Christmas dinner/gift exchange.  I have known them through the death of their mother, the birth of their daughter and a number of other life altering moments. 

I just need to remind myself of what I do have and I do have wonderful people in my life.

Have any of you ever listened to Mat Kearney?  During my emotional meltdown on Wednesday I kept hearing his song Breathe in, Breathe out looping through my head.  I decided to go ahead and download a couple of other songs: Wait (how appropriate is that?), Where we go from here (hmm..sounds tailor made for my crappy day) and Won't Back Down (that's right, darn it, I'm not backing down.  I'm going to do everything I can possibly do to bring my son home). 

1 comments:

Kelli January 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

So it's my turn to tag you! Check out the newest challenge.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP