Thursday, January 17, 2008

A ray of sun...

Even though I awoke early, the room was eerily aglow much the way I remember the Christmases of my childhood.  Before I even reached the window I knew the reason: snow.  Not enough to be a nuisance, just enough to make the earth quiet and beautiful once again.  In some way it seemed like a peace offering after the ugliness of yesterday. 

I need to thank my mother that called and let me cry it out over the phone with her.  It's so hard to be alone when difficulties occur. 

And although my office mate doesn't have this blog address I want to send a thank you out to the heavens for her.  When I came in this morning there was a card on desk encouraging me.  She also had had several baby boy scrapbook papers, stickers, and cut outs.  She wanted to remind me that although it wasn't happening the way I thought it would, that it would happen somehow.  I appreciate her taking the time to share her life with me--even the dark areas, because she could see the beauty from what sprung of that. 

Shortly after our little tear fest my cell phone rang.  It was the Adjudications Office at the local USCIS office!  She evidently didn't understand my e-mail yesterday (I e-mailed her a quite desperate story and begged for help essentially).  She still didn't know where my social security number was even though I overnighted it to her on Tuesday, but she called to say my fingerprint appointment is FEBRUARY 7TH!  I'm hoping that I will soon receive the form that says that because I am still a bit leery, but I really want to believe today is a brighter day. 

I called my mom to share the good news and the first thing she says is "that's Chinese New Year".  It's also Tet.  I hope this a good sign!  It's right before I have to leave town again for business so I am hoping that it will be processed and arrive shortly after I get home.   Also, late this afternoon my doctor's office called to say that found a notary for my documents that won't expire another couple of years.  I guess I've had two rays of sunshine today, but my heart is still a little tender.  

1 comments:

Kelli January 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Thank you SO much for your comment. I am glad you got some good news today. Let's remain confident together that this will all work out and maybe, by next year's Tet, we will be celebrating in Ohio with our boys!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP