Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I think this year will be an incredible year for me and for many of my blogger buddies. Raise your glass and let's toast to bringing the boys home this year!

I'm not going to have a long NY post, but if you want something sentimental feel free to check out the post on the blog for my daughter. If can't find the link from this page, let me know and I'm happy to email you the link. The other blog generally gets my emotional stuff (let's face it, the China adoption process is so long there is no way I could post about adoption every day) and this blog really covers the adoption process and what I am feeling each step of the Vietnam process.

So, here are my updates:

  1. I need to find a new notary. My good friend, Laura, notarized for baby #1 and I had hoped she would be able to notarize this one, but she expires in February and her workplace is in the process of renewing it on her behalf. I checked the state notary website for notaries and learned that my BFF Michael's mom does it! Yippee. We live less than a mile away from each other so if she agrees to it I could just walk to her house and have her complete the notarizations. Michael asked me last year if he could be an uncle to my daughter. Just last year (ok, that's a funny...it was only about 6 weeks ago) I asked him if he could be an uncle to Haven as well. He has been very supportive and excited about both the kids so it would be great if his mom could be part of the process--truly making it a family affair.
  2. I finally sent off my signed contract and fat check to the agency. I'm not sure why I was waiting--I guess I just wanted to see how much I was going to have in my account after the Christmas bills came due. They should receive it tomorrow.
  3. Guardianship--who do I pick?

I'm not sure how much married couples have to worry about this, but for singles this is definitely an issue that our social workers really work with us on. Without even prompting him, my dad said yesterday that he would never have kids again unless something happened to me. He said he would raise my kids. I just don't know....anybody out there have to make those decisions? What did you decide to do?

1 comments:

Jen January 2, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Oh, we don't know what to do either! My brother and his wife are lovely people...but they don't really believe in many of the same ideals we want our children to accept. What I mean to say is that they are very conservative. At least they would be loved and safe even if they become homophobic.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP