Monday, March 16, 2009

The brown one in the middle

That’s the best way to describe how my son looks at his daycare. He is the only brunette boy in a sea of blonde. I shouldn’t complain because at least daycare is on site and should I get into shape I can walk up the hill and around the block to where he is. Kidding! Sort of. There is a shortcut that I can take.

Today I am so thankful for sunshine. We spent a couple of hours at the park yesterday with Spud’s Auntie Jerri. I’m trying to get him used to being outdoors because I think it is a foreign concept for him. He’d rather eat grass and he is very subtle in the way he tries to sneak it in his diet.

IMG_1950-Edit

Jerri said I couldn’t post on FB, but she didn’t say anything about my blog! Ok, Jerri, if you don’t like it I will take it down but this is the sweetest photo I took yesterday.

IMG_1970

IMG_1976

IMG_1982

And today…

IMG_1985 He has a goofy sense of humor!

IMG_1998

IMG_2003

IMG_2021

Spud loves his bottles! Daycare may want to start him on sippy cups, but he hit the bottle just as soon as we were home.

IMG_2007

This is my favorite photo. I love the expression of his face on the cherry table.

With the exception of the first photo I haven’t done any editing beyond some minor color corrections. I would do more, but I am too tired to care tonight.

I worked entirely in AV mode this evening which is why my photos are a little too soft. I had the f stop as far south as it would go, but until I get 50mm lens I am kind of stuck. I have grand plans for a lower end 50mm or a good used one. I’d also like a telephoto lens at some point, but I am not rushing on that end.

If people have some feedback on ways I can improve I would love to hear from you. I’m not doing this to make money. I simply wanted to document my son’s life to the best of my ability and enjoy a hobby (hard to believe that “adoption” has been hobby for the last few years).


3 comments:

Rachel March 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

so cute. I love that one with him at the table.

I have absolutely nothing for you on the photo front. Some day (probably this summer when the weather is warm enough to be outside with good light), I will learn how to take better pictures, but until then...I look forward to reading what people suggest to you :)

Kelli March 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

hmmm...I was looking at 50mm lens online yesterday. That may be my tax treat! I read this first at work and laughed out loud at your shortcut comment. Great pictures! I wish I had some constructive advice but I am learning myself. I recently started trying to use the power of 3 more rather than centering every photo- it looks like you have that down!

Anonymous March 22, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Catherine loves Duc videos! Keep them coming. And narrate! When she hears your voice, she says "Auntie Erica!"

Catherine asks that you give Duc a big hug for her. (me too)

K

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP