Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lunch with the Spud

IMG_2272

Where’s the beef, Ma? And, yes, I actually fed him roast beef. 

 IMG_2276

Spud is aware of the camera at all times.  It is impossible to get a photo of him when he isn’t focusing on the camera.  Even though the camera was off to the side (not where the food was) he still stared at the camera. 

IMG_2277

Even when the food was coming in he was still staring at the camera.  He gets so serious when he sees the camera!

And photos of his whack-a-doodle hair:

IMG_2263

People often ask me if I put gel in his hair to give him a faux-hawk, but why would I put product in my son’s hair when I am too lazy to put it in my own???  So, no, I don’t use product.  It’s all natural, baby!

Duc in DaNang7

This was in Da Nang—we had only been together for a few days.  I probably shouldn’t watermark this photo since it was actually shot by Spud’s Aunt Chennie, but she has the original and it still belongs to her.  The only thing funnier than that hair is the white knuckled grip he has on the side of the pack ‘n play.  The referral photos I received while I waited to travel often included some spiky hair.  One of my favorite photos was taken by Cinnamon:

Liem 5-3

He doesn’t look very happy here, does he?  I wasn’t very happy here either.  I wanted to hold him soooo bad.  I would cry every time I received new photos of him—in the beginning it was because I was just so happy to have a piece of him and watch him grow.  Towards the end, well, I just cried photos or not.  I waited nearly four months after I received my referral before I traveled and towards the end I began to get weepy.  I hated that someone else was taking care of him and watching him grow.  That seems so long ago now.  It’s strange—people would tell me that all the time, but honestly, until you finally have your child in your arms you really can’t really see that far ahead.  How could you?  You are busy wondering about the future, wondering if your child is warm enough and has enough food.  I wondered all the time if he had someone to comfort him when he cried.  Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t, but he seems wonderfully adjusted.  He rarely cries and I do NOT think it is because he was ignored (as was suggested by one AP).  He is just a smiley, happy baby.  Just not on camera:)

And from the Mead Johnson photo shoot:Duc2

Is he beautiful or what????  I love him.  Can you tell?

2 comments:

Kelli March 4, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Love that boy too- it's amazing how much he's grown since Cinnamon took that picture. Hope we can get the boys together soon!

kitchu March 4, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

he IS beautiful, and i'm so glad he's a happy, well adjusted kiddo- you two seem like such a perfect fit.

and i still say GET THAT KID AN AGENT.

oh. and his hair ROCKS.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP