Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 2

I’m not the kind of parent who assumes that every little grunt is a word which is why when Spud started saying “mwa mwa” when he woke up or when he hurt himself, I dismissed it.  Today when I got home he was still taking a nap, but when he woke up he distinctly called out “mama mama!”.  Ahhh, that did my heart good.  When I picked him up he was still saying it until he realized mama was actually holding him.

It amazes me to watch him grow.  His little legs are no longer so little.  They look longer and leaner.  He spends a lot of time standing, squatting and does circles around people and furniture for hours.  I was happy to see him take a few steps for Opa yesterday. 

His appetite astounds me.  Opa fed him dinner and then I served Opa and I a healthy beef stroganoff.  Spud stopped doing laps around us under the table and started begging from the level of my knee.  I finally picked him up and that little turkey started reaching for my fork!  He ended up eating a good portion of my dinner.  Yes, the Spud eats hamburger at 9 months of age. IMG_1755

Hanging with the Opa.

IMG_1768

I love the eye contact between them in this photo.  Evidently Opa bribed him with pretzels. 

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP