Friday, March 6, 2009

T minus 3 days

Today I am so thankful that I have such a good eater.  Honestly, the boy eats anything I put in front of him and is known to grab food right out of my hand.  I started him on table food from our very first day together.  Not too much in the beginning—congee and mushed up fruits.  He hasn’t had too much baby food.  I usually only rely on that when I am feeling lazy.  If I am getting a Lean Cuisine, he’s getting baby food.  Last night I made salisbury steaks and gave him the cooked hamburger before adding the sauce.  He also ate steamed broccoli and cajun fries (baked fries with cayenne pepper and paprika).  The Spud will eat anything and I am so fortunate.  And for anyone gasping in horror, it does not bother his stomach.  An Indian friend of mine confronted me over the weekend about his diet.  He told me Vietnamese babies eat spicy food and he needs to be started on spicy foods early or he wouldn’t like much food.  He told me Indian parents come here and start their babies on bland American diets and they grow up only eating hamburgers.  No worries, this boy sucks it down and begs for more.

IMG_1464 IMG_1473

IMG_1558 I LOVE this photo and the look on his face. 

IMG_1559

IMG_1560

IMG_1591-3 IMG_1598 His face is nothing but joy the entire time he is in the bath tub.  I will need to get him started on swim classes soon because he LOVES the water. 

IMG_1603 This would be his face as Oma is dragging him out of the tub.

T-3 days.  I go back to work on Monday.  I’m pretending it’s just a figment of my imagination.

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP