Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A million bucks

Nothing makes a person feel more like the most important person in the world like a baby.  Yesterday I stopped by the daycare during the day to check on him.  I was talking to the nanny and watching him from about 20 feet away.  he didn’t know I was there.  Until I laughed.  As soon as he heard my giggle he whipped his head around so quickly I’m surprised it didn’t make him dizzy.  He then raced across the floor on all fours squealing and giggling the entire way.  It has been a rare moment that I have ever received that kind of reception when I’ve met people, and wow, to have that at least once a day?  Heady stuff.  I suddenly see why people have so many children—I’m sure it is probably like a drug to see someone that happy to see you!

Daycare is getting better.  No tears yesterday and I have stopped reviewing what he eats at daycare because I don’t want to know that he is eating cheese sandwiches (I’ll find out soon enough without looking at the form) or eating sugary treats.  The problem is that daycare messes with his sleep.  Last night he was up and down every couple of hours which means I also don’t sleep.  He doesn’t sleep much at daycare so he will be zonked all night tonight, but it will repeat again tomorrow and he won’t sleep Wednesday night.  Sigh.  Suck it up, buttercup.

IMG_2133 This is my favorite from today.  This was is untouched, but I had fun messing around with it.

IMG_2133_edited-1 I just love how soft and dreamy this one looks.  It’s not sharp, but I think it works here.  

IMG_2140

I introduced him to my old keyboard, as in, 20 years old.  My sister has had it for the last 10 years of so, but Oma returned it this weekend.  He LOVED it.  The boy has some skill.

IMG_2110-3 I took this picture while the camera was resting against my shoulder.  He was trying to get the camera and this was the best I could do.  His face is so serious.  He SO desperately wanted the camera!

3 comments:

Kelli March 25, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

Aren't those greetings the best!?!

Kate March 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Awww..I bet it felt awesome to have him run (crawl) up to you! LOVE! Hope you get more sleep! Love the photos!!!

kitchu March 27, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

god i can't WAIT for those greetings. how do you get the sleep issue worked out? is it always like that with daycare? i hadn't thought of that little glitch... hmmm.

cute pics as always :)

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP