Friday, March 13, 2009

One down…

Today I am thankful to have this week over with. It wasn’t a bad week. In some ways it was good to have my brain back. I feel like I have put it on a shelf for a few months. Considering I was only in that role 14 months, 3 months off was a huge risk. I’ve certainly been slower and I don’t recall all the passwords or back doors into some applications, but I also figured out how to do something that my boss insisted couldn’t be done and that 4 other previous staff members weren’t able to figure out after 6 months of work on it. So there---pfffttt!

I am also thankful that my dad was here all week. As my dad mentioned it was the longest time we had been under the same roof since I was 18. Boy, does that seem like a lifetime ago! I wish my family lived closer, but even though we are not physically close they have certainly made the effort to spend time with Spud.

For the record, I am terribly jealous of all of you moms that get to work at home or stay home with your children. I can’t even put him down once I get home—I don’t care how heavy he gets! Duc edit

3 comments:

Kelly March 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Glad your first week back went okay. I am sure he is really happy to see you when you get home!

Kelli March 14, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Love that picture! Glad you had a good first week.

kitchu March 16, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

glad your first week back was great and that you showed your "stuff" :) bonus! that is such a great pic of the Spud!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP