Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Resolutions?

A friend asked me last night if I had any NY resolutions. I have for many years disliked the whole New Year's Resolution thing. I firmly believe that if it is important enough to do, it's important enough to start right now and not wait for some magical day to start. From personal experience, any New Year's Resolutions I've had made in the past have been due to peer pressure and since I rarely conform to what everyone else is doing I rarely keep the resolution. Having said all that, here is what I said to the dear friend that asked about my NYR: I want to bring at least one of my babies home.

So here are a list of my Not so New Year's Resolutions:

  1. Bring one of my kids home. I'm betting on Haven, but who really knows?
  2. Get in shape...yeah, yeah, I know it is so cliche and every one is going to be doing it, but I really need to take better care of myself. In the last 18 months I have gained the weight of one preschooler/small primary school child. Yeah, it's that bad. I don't want to be the fat, uncomfortable mommy. I need to be in good shape so I can run after BOTH of my kids.
  3. Keep a cleaner house. I used to be very neat and tidy, but I have been living alone for over 10 years and I'm not as tidy as I would like. It's a little embarrassing at times.

So, there you have it. I'm doing what I can to bring Haven (and my daughter, for that matter) home. I got my notarized copy of my home study in the mail yesterday--yay so I'm just waiting on USCIS. I'm eating healthier now that Christmas is past and I'm exercising again. With any luck I will get more of Haven's room cleaned out today.

Cheers and enjoy your Resolutions!

2 comments:

Jen December 30, 2007 at 4:50 PM  

Yes, the fat, uncomfortable Mommy who only fits into Mommy jeans. That's what I feel like from all this adoption weight!

Kelli December 31, 2007 at 12:12 PM  

I too have gained adoption weight. I have been eating for two for the last 2 months!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP