Monday, December 17, 2007

Have you noticed that once you begin the process to adopt, you suddenly notice things that maybe you didn't before? While walking through the airport today I overheard two women talking about adoption. There weren't any seats available near them, so after I parked it, I went over and approached them. They were discussing domestic adoption and evidently it really differs from state-to-state. Even though I don't have any intention at this time of adopting domestically for personal reasons which I won't go into right now (because I get tired of answering THAT question also), it was very nice to speak to someone who has adopted and had a different experience with it.

Ok, new question and I hope I get feedback on this one. For my first child I got a tattoo with her Chinese name written in Chinese and a globe. The globe was a desire I'd had since I was a teen. Obviously, I plan on getting a second tattoo to celebrate the life of my son, but I haven't seen anything yet that makes me go "oh, I want that on my ass for the rest of my life". I'd like something that goes along with the present theme. I thought about having a shooting star over my globe, which would also celebrate Vietnam (check out a photo of their flag if that helps give you a visual). If you have any ideas or better yet, some photos or drawings, please contact me!

2 comments:

Unknown December 18, 2007 at 7:04 AM  

hey there... it is nice to meet people who have had experience in adoption. It's great to talk to people with first hand experience.

My husband loves tattoo's. He is planning to get a lotus flower somewhere on her body with either her name, birthday, or adoption day under it.

Erica December 18, 2007 at 8:50 AM  

Wow, Heather that's interesting because I was just looking at Lotus flowers the other day and wondering how that would look under my globe! I guess I'm not locked into any one particular design.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP