Friday, December 7, 2007

Moving right along...

My social worker is actually a contracted SW for my home study agency so I think her schedule is more flexible.  I emailed her last night to let her know where I was in the process and see if she was caught up to me yet.  We have a tentative meeting set up for Thursday to have our official home study visit!  I'm actually pretty excited, but now I have to start cleaning.  It's not bad because it is still pretty picked up from Thanksgiving, but I certainly need to get the vacuum out again.  I don't think I will be nervous like I was last year.  I'm just so grateful that I have the same social worker again this year. 

I keep getting excited thinking how smoothly things are flowing and then I remember how things went last year.  Everything flowed smoothly until USCIS time--yep, they lost my prints.  I am praying, hoping, wishing that the same thing doesn't happen again next year. 

2 comments:

Kelli December 7, 2007 at 10:46 PM  

Oh great, the USCIS in Indiana loses prints? I had to get fingerprinted 3 times for the FBI- hopefully that will make me exempt from anymore fingerprinting nightmares!

Kelli December 7, 2007 at 11:12 PM  

Ok- 2 weeks sounds really good- I already have an adoption contact at Lugar's office...hopefully I won't have to use it. My finger prints are hard to "capture" and the FBI rejected them two times!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP