Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hormonal Surge

I think I am having a hormonal surge and I suppose it is normal.  In my heart I know I am expecting a child and it would be silly to think that my body wouldn't respond in some sort of fashion.  The same thing happened last year as I paper chased for my China girl.  The breasts swelled, I got weepy--it was all good. 

I'm starting to feel the same things again.  I'm hoping the breasticles don't get overly large this year because all my money is going towards this adoption and can't be spent on new bras or clothes!  In addition to the growing mountains, I have started becoming weepy over any child related thing.  I've heard this will last another 18 years--I guess I'll just have to wait it out and hope for the best.  I've also begun cleaning like a mad woman.  In light of the fact that my SW isn't coming to the house there isn't any good reason to be scrubbing my floors obsessively as I have this afternoon.  I guess it is all a part of nesting.  I'm hoping to go through the spare room, aka Haven's Room, during the holidays and get rid of a lot of stuff. 

In between my cleaning and sorting I came across the video which is sure to induce tears of joy from any waiting mom.  I dare you to watch and not a tear little.  If you make it through unscathed, well, I'm not sure there is really an award for that but you certainly save in the Kleenex department. 

The first song is Satellite by Collective Soul (I love them!) and the second is Lullaby by the Dixie Chicks.  I just love both of these songs and thought it was very appropriate for the video.  Are are the lyrics to Satellite:

"Satellite"
Soon a man will kneel to pray
Soon the light will burn our shade
And with the sweet the bitter fades
So my heart and take your place
Cause I will be your force
And I will be your right
And I will watch over you like a satellite
Soon reason will have rhyme
Soon wisdom will imply
And with courage doubt subsides
So take my heart and take my pride
And I will be your side
And I will be your might
And I will watch over you like a satellite
River will flow from scenes unknown
I'll guide you through by the love I'll show
And the stars will wish upon the night
That they could have a guiding satellite

1 comments:

Kelli December 13, 2007 at 9:32 PM  

I have seen this video before and I tear up each time I watch it. I am so hoping to bring my baby home from Vietnam!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP