Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wandering thoughts...

  • I just heard from my SW and she has actually finished my home study draft today.  I just proofread it and called her back with suggestions.  She is going to call her boss today to clarify some things and then she will be forwarding to my agency.  Yay!
  • A dear friend just called me.  I have known him for a number of years and I love and trust him even though we have of late, not been able to spend much time together.  He asked me,"How are you?  Is everything ok?  Anything new in your life?" and for the life of me, I couldn't tell him about this adoption.  I don't know why.  With my first I was biting my lip constantly to keep from smiling, and I am for this one as well, but I guess I am better about hiding it.  I don't know why I couldn't share this with him...especially when he was so supportive of the first adoption.  He and his partner are going to be "grandpas" for my little girl, so why not share the news of my son?  I never expected to be able to adopt a son, especially not this close to finishing the paperwork for the first adoption.  I feel incredibly blessed and I feel like Haven is a little jewel that I am hiding away from everyone.  Maybe I have just learned from the first that the less people that know the less you have to answer the questions all over again.  That sounds so negative, doesn't it?  I wish I didn't sound like that.  I guess I am tired of educating people constantly.  I'm sure the APs and PAPs that I have been bugging the last 4-6 weeks are probably laughing right now because I have been bugging them for information!  Laugh it up Jen and Kelli!
  • After thinking and praying it over I decided to be approved for two boys and my home study and I-600A reflect that now.  At first I had a moment of panic thinking about it, but then I realized that I have had at least a moment of panic before starting the process before both of my adoptions.  As my mom said, "well, I guess you are done with your family at that point."  More than likely, I will not be matched with twins or both a young sibling set, but I guess it is good that I am now emotionally prepared for the possibility. 
  • I am so fortunate to live in the town that I live in.  We have an Asian Culture Center that I have made contact with them.  In addition to Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, and Filipino language tutors, they have Vietnamese Tutors!  I volunteered to help with English tutoring since I have experience in this area.  I am hoping that I will get connected to those in the Vietnamese community and hopefully make some new friends. 

2 comments:

Unknown December 17, 2007 at 7:49 PM  

We have "open to twins" on our dossier as well... even though our agency stated it is unlikely, every once and a while I think... what if? And sometimes I smile... other times I get hot flashes of panic. But I truly believe whatever is meant to be is what will happen. Bes of luck

Kelli December 18, 2007 at 6:41 PM  

I NEVER get tired talking to/answering questions with APs and PAPs! But I do agree that sometimes it's easier not to say anything to some people...I will just suprise them with a baby then answer the list of questions!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP