Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's a small world after all...yeah, you gotta sing along

It truly is a small world in the world of adoptions. Since arriving here and learning that there is a Babys R Us store no further than 2 miles from the hotel, I HAD to check it out. We don't actually have one in the town I live in and my sister never wants to visit the one in the town she lives in so I figured this was my chance.

I had every intention of only buying one little outfit for Haven, but, well that didn't work out so well. If you were to ask friends or family about my shopping habit, they would ask "what shopping habit?" It's true, I'm a girl and I'm not a shopper. For whatever reason I was finding all kinds of little boy outfits that I was loving (I promise to post pictures when I get home--my favorite is the little onesie that says "mommy's new man") Try only man, kiddo. I also got several outfits for my niece for Christmas--too cute! Who knew they made pink velour sweatsuits for 2 year-olds?

Anyway, I call my best bud, Kris, who truly knows how to shop and get a good deal. I needed her to talk me away from the bargain bin. So, I am standing in line with her dropping phrases like "no money" and "dossier" when the woman in front of me overhead and turned and with a smile asked something along the lines of "what country". She spoke my language! So, this is a shout-out to my new adoption buddy Stephanie who has been waiting for 22 months for her daughter from China. I swear, only China adoptive parents truly understand what it means to be patient and wait. Stephanie, I love your adoption blog and I'd love to add you to my blog log if that's ok!

I'm sitting here watching "The Biggest Loser" rubbing my Buddha Belly and groaning about the amount of food I have consumed in the last 24 hours. Ugh. At least the hotel has a mini-gym and I did work out today. I have an appointment to see my family doc the day after Christmas and I'm really beginning to dread that step up on the scale. I'm eating lots of fruit and veggies which might be contributing to the bloat factor. Ugh, ugh and more ugh.

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP