Sunday, December 2, 2007

Let there be light

"Isn't this magical"

           Fat Bastard, Austin Powers 3

So, I'm sitting here at my desk about 3 hours ago composing another awesome post about life in the adoption fast lane, when my computer went dead.  Well, to be fair, everything went dead.  All the lights went out.  We were having a rain storm, but it didn't seem to be that bad.  I turned the computer back on and 5 seconds later the same thing happened.  After that I heard a very ominous sound and I went into my living room (with the wall of windows) to investigate.  Right as I was looking out the window I saw the electric pole (for lack of better terminology) begin the sizzle and flash from red and pink to white in color.  This happened twice and then everything went very dark.  Minutes later the fire department shows up.

Great. 

I had a lot of computer documents I wanted to type up.  I quickly called the energy company on my cell, and since there was very little light in the house in order to actually do anything, I decided to take a nap.  An hour and a half later I wake up, the lights are still out and I call again.  The message this time promises that the electricity will be on 5 minutes.  Well, about 5 minutes later the repair people did show up, but in their defense the weather was pretty nasty in the 1 1/2 hours before they showed.  Lightening and thunder that roared for over 30-60 seconds.  I was actually pretty concerned...and then I fell asleep.  I can't help it, my cat curled up on my lap and she is natural sedative.

I'll try to recreate the first post that got DELETED in the power outage.  My problem was pretty minor and I am thankful.  The house did get colder, but I am not suffering compared to those in the northern states that were hit with the full brunt of this storm. 

1 comments:

Kelli December 3, 2007 at 7:22 PM  

Yesterday was definitely a great day for a nap!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP