Friday, March 21, 2008

Baby crazy

Seriously.  I have baby on the brain and it unfortunately has become a 24/7 problem/blessing.  Several nights this week I have dreamed not only of babies, but that I was pregnant.  Huh?  Where did that come from? 

To be honest, I've never contemplated getting pregnant.  I always knew that my family would be formed through adoption and as a single woman, getting pregnant outside of marriage would not be the best set-up for me.  I had a weird dream this week that I was single.  Adopting. And pregnant.  It was bizarre.  In the dream everyone was telling me what a miracle it was (unless I'm giving birth to the spawn of Satan I'm quite sure it would not have been an Immaculate Conception), but the whole time I'm wondering what to do.  The next night I was dreaming again about babies.  This time I dreamed my sister was pregnant with a boy (which reminds me....I better call her) and I was also pregnant (this time joyful, but still single). pregnant belly

There are several reasons for this, I'm sure.  Perhaps the biggest reason is my joy at finally getting on the list!  The thought that I might actually see my son's face sometime this year just put me right over the moon!  I have waited so long to have a family that being this close, finally, is almost painfully beautiful.  Although I actually watched this show in between the two nights of these dreams, I am sure that watching Jon & Kate + 8 didn't help matters.   I have to admit, it actually scared me off of wanting to try ANY fertility drugs.  I've always wanted to have a house full of kids, but this, this was panic inducing.  I was reassured to learn that they felt the same way until they were faced with possibly losing the entire pregnancy.  I guess you get over it quick. 

I'm finally home.  I split out of class early today, got to the airport with my mom + 1 other person in tow.  We managed to get an earlier flight and I was home in time to see the sun go down.  It is so good to be home!  Now, I get to start making lists...

  1. Get my 171H and copies notarized tomorrow.
  2. On Monday, get my immunizations.
  3. On Monday, get my dossier authenticated.
  4. On Monday, get my dossier submitted to my agency!
  5. On Monday, start clearing out Haven's room (currently it is my computer/study room.
  6. Start on lifebooks for both kids.  Poor Haven got cheated because my camera was broken during the largest part of my paperchase.  That, and VN does not require the roadtrips that China did.   

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP