Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 24th it is

Ok, I promise, swear, cross my heart...this will be my last post about that piece of paper until I get the paper.  I broke down and contacted my local USCIS officer and she said she began working on it on Sunday (wow, she is working overtime!), but my SW agency did not include their license.  I didn't arrive until today and because she has citizenship interviews today and tomorrow she won't be able to process it until tomorrow night. 

So, on March 24th, I'm going to get up early.  Go to the bank to complete the last of my notarizations, get my immunizations, and drive to the capitol city to authenticate everything.  That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.  Strangely enough, even with yet another delay, I think I will see God's hand in it someday.  I hope that on the other end of this journey I will finally understand.

Oh, and as soon as I get my 171H, I have to apply for a new one for my China girl since my prints have already expired.  Yah!  I get to ride this roller coaster again. 

3 comments:

Meredith March 13, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Just think, that's only 11 days away. From the "silver lining" perspective - at least you know where things stand now. Knowing is usually better than wondering! In a few weeks when I'm whining about my I-600A application, you can return the favor of leaving these kinds of annoying comments. :)

Anonymous March 14, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

You're almost there! Hang on just a little bit longer. If you end up coming to town on a Tuesday or Thursday instead (who knows - maybe it'll come early!) and you have time for lunch or coffee, let me know. I'll take lots of pictures of you to put in your baby book. ;)
-Shasta

Kelli March 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

The 24th is not too far away! I agree with Meredith- at least you know where things stand.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP