Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One Last Night of Obsession

Since I just bought the soundtrack to Phantom of the Opera I really wish that was the kind of obsession I was talking about.  Have you ever paid attention to how dirty the some of the lyrics are?  Well, a single girl has to have some sort of thrill.  Anyway, I liked this lyric:

Past the point of no return -
no backward glances:
the games we've played till now are at an end . . .
Past all thought of "if" or "when" -
no use resisting:
abandon thought, and let the dream
descend . . .

Anyway, it kind of reminded me of my franticness tonight.  I believe I am near the point of no return.  Soon this will all be behind me and my dossier will be sent to the country of my son's birth.  I went through all my documents again tonight and lined them up in the order that the agency has them listed.  The only thing that still needs notarized is my employment letter and of course, the document that shall not be named.  I checked the blog of another family that applied about the same time I did and was fingerprinted after me.  Evidently they were told today that their document that shall not be named is in the mail.  Surely mine can't be far behind.  I just pray that it arrive before Saturday.  For anyone reading this, please say a prayer for me.  If you have followed my journey from the beginning you know how much I just need to be done. 

2 comments:

Anonymous March 13, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

I'm thinking of you and hoping the form that shall not be named arrives this week! -Shasta

Terri March 13, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Erica,
May you find a wonderful treasure in your mailbox soon!!!!
Terri

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP