Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thank you!

Once again I am amazed at how supportive the adoptive community is in time of need.  I want to thank all of you that commented after my last post.  I really appreciate your encouragement and your amazing support and insight.  I truly mean that.  It amazes me how someone's comment can totally turn my view around.  Jennifer left a comment and a scripture that made me pause and ponder.  While I am still bothered by the fact that I have had yet another delay, I have to believe that God has a plan and that he has not forgotten His promises.  I have now attached the verse that Jennifer sent me to the top right column of my blog as a reminder to myself (and hopefully others), but here it is again for good measure:

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Interestingly, Jennifer was fingerprinted by the same USCIS office the day after I was and is also still waiting for her 171H.  My prayer is that we both receive some good news this week. 

What else is new....I did have my documents re-notarized.  I still have one more left (my boss needs to re-sign my financial statement) and of course, the big one, the 171H.  Other than that, I believe my dossier is done. 

I have my favorite blogs to visit and I generally don't seek out new ones unless someone leaves me a message or a friend directs me towards one that she thinks I might enjoy, but for the past couple of days I have really been looking at a lot of blogs.  I came across one yesterday that somehow made me feel that no matter how long the wait, it would pale next to the joy having my child home.  This particular family's journey took over two years to get their daughter home.  Now in China adoption years, two years isn't much, but for other adoptive programs, two years can feel like a lifetime of waiting.  Anyway, I love the last few lines of this post:

There is no doubt that she is the one that was meant for us. We knew it all along, but the wait was hard. To everyone waiting- put your faith in what you most believe in, dreams do come true.

Thanks for the reminder, Heather and Ryan. 

1 comments:

R&H March 9, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

Your welcome. I could have said much more but I left it at that. Anyway, keep going...there are terribly hard days and the unknowns and the ups and downs are unbearable at times but know that every single day you are closer to your child. It does happen, and it will happen someday for you.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP