Monday, March 31, 2008

It's Monday!

Ok, I know I have missed the last two Mondays (out of town and almost becoming road kill), but I did want to resume my Positive Poster blogs. 

I have been reading Kate's blog for a while now, and I love that she hasn't forgotten how long and difficult the road is even as she is getting ready to travel to her daughter!  Congrats Kate, and I hope you hear about your G&R date soon!

I'm constantly amazed at how small our little Vietnamese adoption community really is.  Meredith left a message earlier today about my agency.  After emailing we were able to confirm that we are indeed working with the same agency!  It's nice to have someone else along at the same time who understands the process (and the frustrations) because each agency and how they handle things is different.  I have a good agency, I'm not complaining about that, but no agency is perfect.  I have found it very interesting that people don't share the name of their agency readily.  I rarely see anyone link the name of their agency to their blog, and I'm not entirely sure why. 

I consider my China agency near perfect.  I say near perfect because I am now on the fourth coordinator since I began this process 18 months ago.  It's really no fault of theirs--with the China program slowing to a crawl they really can't support having that many coordinators. 

But the Vietnam process is an entirely different game than China.  With China, it doesn't matter what agency you are with you are still #28,592 on the list.  In Vietnam, depending on your agency, you might be #3 or #333 on the list.  Perhaps that is part of the hush-hush.  

I have noticed since I started this blog that I have had a number of visits from people in Vietnam.  How interesting.  If you have read this far, I'd like to say "Welcome".  If you are a part of the USCIS office and are a part of the I-600 situation, I'd like to say "thanks for stopping by, but can you please move faster?  Please?" 

2 comments:

K March 31, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

Awwww, thanks Erica! I appreciate it :) Stay tuned for some news!!!

Kate April 1, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

I get a little wigged out when I get visits from VN.

Looking forward to following Kate's journey to Tori. She lives not far from me.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP