Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Sweet and the Sour

You know the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?  Well, it applies to posting too.  And last night I wasn't feeling like I had anything very nice to say and I felt guilty for bringing down the joy of another PAP from my agency.  She knows who she is:)  First the sweet.  Our agency got another group of referrals!  This is awesome, incredible, I should be shouting and jumping for joy news, right?  Trust me, I really want to be shouting and jumping for joy if not for the crappy news I got at the same time.  Are you ready?

The sour: USCIS has still not processed my 171H and likely won't for another week or two.  The officer hasn't touched it, hasn't looked at, hasn't even sniffed it.  While that sucks, the suckier part is that if she sends in 7-10 days from now, I will out of state for work related training and I won't be able to do a darn thing with it until March 24th.  Another 3 weeks. I'm soon coming up on 4 months since I first applied.  This is ridiculous--especially for this state!  Most people only take 4-6 weeks from beginning to end.   

So while everyone else with my agency is doing the happy dance and watching the line finally move, I'm feeling like the ugly chic that can't get past the bouncer to get into the club.  I wish I was with you dancing, I really do, so I hope you understand why I'm not.  I will say, I'm glad to see the line move.  I just hope it won't be circling around the block when the bouncer finally gets drunk and I start looking all cute to him.  

The good news: since I was feeling all verklempt I started obsessively reviewing all my documents.  Yeah, I know, some people drink and others smoke, but I sort papers.  Anyway, back to my story...I was reviewing my documents and I decided to compare my notary signature with the state notary database and I discovered she signed her name wrong!  Better to find out now than in a few weeks when I'm at the State authentication office and already anxious and excited.  So, in a small way, there is a silver lining.  I just keep trying to remind myself of the peace I was feeling a week ago, but I'm feeling more like George Kastanza's dad and I want to yell "Serenity NOW!"

6 comments:

Jennifer March 6, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

I know how you feel! Even though we know we are at least a day behind you- we still check the mail every single day for that 171 H. How depressing! Did you talk to CIS again??? I am just trying to remember this:
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Anonymous March 6, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Erica,

AGH! Are you serious? Did you talk to someone there? I find this situation to be unacceptable - just because someone is out on medical leave, doesn't mean it should affect all these families waiting for clearance. Please keep me posted!
-Shasta

Kelli March 6, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

Seriously, you didn't take away my joy. I should have been a bit more sensitive. I just felt bad that you weren't able to celebrate too- and I completely understand why. You have every right to feel the way you are feeling. It's just not fair. You are not allowed to feel bad about anything but the frickin CIS and how much they are holding you back.

We have both had ups and downs- you helped me through many of my down times and now it is my turn. And don't you just love that, as a fellow ww, I'm going to make sure we support each other with food! Looking forward to eating Pho next week!

Meredith March 6, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

I can imagine how frustrating that must be. Its kind of scary putting your fate in the hands of the government! :) Here's hoping they beat their estimated ETA!

Kate March 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

Ugghh...USCIS! That's just ridiculous! Please keep us posted on that. Well, it is good that you caught the notary mistake. That may have set you back longer.

*Try and keep a Half-Full Mentality!*

Have a good weekend! =)

Michelle March 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

How frustrating, I can feel your pain in your post. This process is not easy and it doesn't help that there are so many unnecessary barriers along the way. Hang in there =0)

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP